Land-Based Casinos vs Online Casinos
It’s a time honored debate. Is it better to play at land-based casinos in Toronto or to curl up at home and enjoy the online casino advantages? Certainly, there are reasons to love both and each person will have his opinion and his ideas. Here, we offer a few reasons that the online casino may win over the land based one for many people. But there are certainly great casinos like the Woodbine casino in Toronto and others that are a wonderful way to spend some time.
Four Elements Casinos can be found in Southern Ontario. If you like horse racing as well, three of them are located at racetracks, so you can get a wider experience playing the ponies or playing the slots. Choose a restaurant and grab a bite to eat before trying your luck at the Blackjack, Baccarat or Roulette tables, or kick back and enjoy a little entertainment.
- Elements Casino Grand River is located at the Grand River Raceway in Elora, just off highway 6 north of Guelph. It’s a little over an hour’s drive from Mississauga.
- Elements Casino Flamboro is in Dundas, 20 minutes outside of Hamilton at Flamboro Downs.
- Elements Casino Mohawk is at Woodbine Mohawk Park, just off the 401 outside of Milton, on Guelph Line Road.
- Elements Casino Brantford is in the heart of Brantford, the only location without horse racing.
Eight Gateway Casinos dot the landscape in Central and Southwest Ontario. Primarily slots and other electronic games, but also feature promotions, rewards and great food. The big news is Gateway has recently welcomed Caso Rama, one of the largest destination casinos in Ontario, to the family! Gateway is also part of the My Club Rewards program.
- Gateway Casinos Hanover at the Hanover Raceway features nearly 200 slots and games.
- Gateway Casinos in Clinton, not far from the shores of Lake Huron, is home to over 120 slots and games.
- Gateway Casino Dresden is located right beside Dresden Raceway and features almost 150 slots and games.
- Gateway Casinos London, located in the Western Fair District, has over 750 slots and e-table games. The new Electronic Table Games Lounge is now open as well. Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day! Just like the online casinos!
- Starlight Casino Point Edward in Sarnia has almost 500 slots machines and seven different types of table games including Blackjack, Roulette, Hold’em Poker and Spanish 21.
- Gateway Casinos Woodstock has over 280 slots and games, and is located at the Woodstock Fairgrounds.
- Gateway Casinos Innisfil features 25 table games and more than 900 slots to choose from. Just off the 400, south of Barrie.
- Casino Rama, one of Ontario’s premier destination casino hotels. Check out more about Casino Rama on our Casino Hotels page.
There are four Shorelines Casinos are located east of Toronto, feature great dining options and the Axis Rewards program. Each location has a different set of games to choose from, including slots, table games and horse racing. Shorelines Casinos are big believers in giving back to the community as well.
- Shorelines Casino Peterborough is the newest location and boasts 500 of the newest slots and nine different table games. A stone’s throw from Hwy 7, just off The Parkway.
- Shorelines Casino Belleville has nine table games including Free Bet Blackjack and Casino War, plus 450 of the latest slots. Located in a great multi-purpose entertainment facility, just off the 401 on Bell Boulevard.
- Ponies or slots? Your choice at Shorelines Slots at Kawartha Downs. Or go to the Player’s Club Lounge and Cafe for a bite to eat. Not far off the 115 in Fraserville.
- Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands boasts 550 slots, from 1 cent slots up to high limit machines, plus nine table games. Check out the weekly poker tournaments! Located in Gananoque, Macdonald-Cartier Freeway.
Just 30 minutes from downtown Toronto (well, depending on traffic), right beside Pearson International Airport on Rexdale Boulevard is Casino Woodbine. Over 100 table games, 3,500+ slots, 220+ e-tables and 100+ Stadium Games, there’s room for everyone. If you like crowds. And waiting for a spot. Or a slot.
Or Save the Travel and Play Where YOU Want To Play
There’s lots of great gaming, dining and entertainment options throughout Ontario, and it’s fun to go out every once in a while. Getting dressed up, driving to the casino, playing a few games and then driving back home can really take up a lot of time if you just want to play a little Blackjack or spin a few slots. Take advantage of some of the best online casinos in Toronto right here, without leaving the comfort of wherever you are. Save the gas, save the time, save the money for fun instead. Just make sure to play responsibly.